Outside Tournament Regulations
1. All tournaments must be approved by the Pro/Manager in consultation with the Golf Commissioner.
2. Tournaments will be allowed on Mondays only. Dates other than Mondays may be approved in the early spring or late fall as deemed appropriate by the Golf Professional and Golf Commissioner.
3. Tournaments may be approved for any Monday with the exception of Memorial Day, the 4th of July holiday, Labor Day, Columbus Day and Veteran’s Day.
4. Tournaments requesting a shotgun start must have a minimum of 88 players and shall not exceed 144 players. Tournaments having less than 88 players may be approved by the Golf Professional and will be handled either through consecutive tee times or in a “reverse shotgun” format.
5. The use of golf carts shall be mandatory for all tournaments. Tournaments exceeding 112 players shall be required to secure extra golf carts through the Pro/Manager. A final count must be communicated to the Golf Professional 2 weeks in advance in order to secure rental carts. The event organizer is responsible for any damage to the golf carts.
6. All tournaments shall be 10:00 a.m. shotgun starts. An event having at least 120 participants may have a 1:00 p.m. shotgun start but MUST SUBMIT A $1,000.00 DEPOSIT 30 DAYS PRIOR TO THE EVENT and will be responsible for payment of at least $8,400.00 (120 players @ $70.00) regardless of the number of actual participants on the day of the event. A fee of $70.00 per player will be charged for ever player over 120.
7. All players must adhere to the H. Smith Richardson dress code and shall wear non-metallic spikes. All players must have their own clubs. Sharing of golf bags is not permitted. Rental clubs are available through the Pro Shop.
8. Special course set-up requirements shall be submitted to the Pro/Manager in writing 10 days in advance.
9. FEES - A fee of $70.00 per player shall be charged. This fee includes green fees, cart fees, $11 per player in Pro Shop merchandise and $2.00 per player administration fee which covers scoreboards, scorecards, scoring, and contest standards.
10. Season tickets or Resident ID’s are not valid for tournaments.
11. FOR ALL EVENTS, a non-refundable deposit of $500 shall be paid to the Pro/Manager at least 14 days in advance of the tournament date.
12. The balance shall be paid on the day of the event in the form of check or cash. Credit cards will not be accepted for tournament fees. If paying by check, three checks should be provided. One check made payable to The Town of Fairfield, one check made payable to Alexander’s Golf Shop, LLC, and one check made payable to the restaurant concessionaire.
13. In the event of course closure due to weather, a rain date may be scheduled by the Pro/Manager in consultation with the Golf Commission.
14. All approved tournaments are required to use the Restaurant Concessionaire for breakfast, lunch or dinner for each golfer. Outside vendors are not permitted.
Tournament Request Form Print Tournament Regulations