Reservations: (203) 256-3191
BONFIRES ON JENNINGS BEACH
What a wonderful way to spend an evening with family and friends. Bring the wood and some marshmallows and you’re ready to go!
Residents may reserve time from May 1 - Sept 30 from 6:00 - 10:30 PM in person or by calling the Recreation Department starting January 2 (or the first business day of the year) for the upcoming season. Please do not email requests. Limit two weekend nights (Fri-Sun) per person, per season. A beach sticker is required for entrance into the beach from Memorial Day Saturday to Labor Day. Vehicles without stickers will have to pay the daily fee at the gate until 8:00 PM.
There is no fee for a Bonfire Permit. Limit of one bonfire per day.
BONFIRE RESERVATION PROCEDURE
1. After checking availability, call (203) 256-3191 or drop by the Fairfield Parks & Recreation Department
75 Mill Plain Rd to reserve a date.
2. You will be given Tentative Reservation that needs to be taken to the Health Dept. located at
Independence Hall at 725 Old Post Rd on the 1st floor where they will sign the Tentative
Reservation and begin a “Permit to Burn”.
3. You must then take both the Tentative Reservation and the Permit to Burn to the Fire
Marshal at the Fire Station on Reef Rd to receive signatures on both forms.
4. Finally return these to the Parks & Rec. Dept. to obtain a signed Confirmed Reservation.
5. Your Permit to Burn will give you specifics about setting the bonfire itself. You are asked
to prepare your fire in the area close to the Volleyball nets at the farthest end of the beach
near the marina. Be sure to have both your Confirmed Reservation and your Permit to Burn
with you the night of the event. Firewood is not provided and all fires must be extinguished
prior to leaving the beach.
6. No Alcohol is permitted.
7. Beach Stickers will be necessary from Memorial Day Saturday to Labor Day. Daily Parking Fees,
for those who do not have a beach sticker, are now being collected until 8:00PM ($20 on weekdays
and $50 on weekends and holidays). After 8:00PM there will be no entrance permitted without a sticker.
*(Scout groups may receive special permission for Lake Mohegan)
Those wishing to have bonfires on private beaches (Fairfield Beach Club, etc.) need not go through the Parks & Recreation Dept. but must complete a Permit to Burn which can be requested at the Health Department – Independence Hall (203) 256-3020.